Great leaders get the best out of their meetings by facilitating them efficiently and effectively. Though not a straight-forward task, once you have mastered meeting facilitation you will quickly reap rewards.
Here are 7 tips to help you facilitate in the body of your meetings:
- Listen carefully and summarise at different points
- Make fewer statements and ask more questions
- Dig deep, find out the “WHY” not than just the “WHAT”
- Delegate roles at the beginning: time manager and minute taker
- Support and involve everyone to ensure active and equal participation
- Stay on track - keep everyone focused on the meeting objective
- Use positive verbal and non-verbal language
There are plenty more tasks for great meeting facilitation but these 7 will get you started.